Sunday 28 June 2009

Sunday



So, another day off. Breakfast was Special K.. my brother came around for a visit and bought Subway for lunch - Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki which is one of the low-fat ones. Dinner is gonna be late.. David's cooking now, hence no photo. Beef Strog - yum yum.

I was thinking about this C25K thing. Because it is so hard for me to do.. I created my own 4 week program to do before I commence the actual program. It's the same principal, just a bit lighter.. building up to be able to do the Week One they have scheduled. I figure this way, I will still be building towards the final goal and I still have that sense of accomplishment when I can do the weeks that I've planned.

Smoking.. I need to give it up. I'm basically paying to get sick. And, I can't afford to keep smoking. We always seem to be broke, yet we always have cigarettes. If we had nothing to eat for a day and no smokes and only $15 we would probably buy smokes and eat something really crappy instead. It's dumb. I'm dumb. It doesn't make sense at all. And yet...

I don't have much else to report on tonight. It was a pretty slow day off. Did some housework, watched some Star Trek, did some internet surfing. I was going to head out for a walk along the beach (before the weather turned so shitty), but my brother came over and we got distracted by Voyager episodes. We're both geeks!

I might leave it there for tonight. I hope you have all had a great weekend... See you tomorrow.

Gazzy

2 comments:

Meagz said...

Hey Gaz, you need to get on top of the weight thing before you even consider giving up smoking! I know how bad smoking is for your health and it does make getting fitter more difficult and you do smell......but.......I put on 9 kg in about 3 weeks (I'm not joking) when I gave up smoking because you replace a ciggie with food, usually shit food too!! Unless of course you think you are strong enough to kill two birds at the same time I would hold off just for a bit! I personally know i couldn't do it but thats just me!

On another note I still can't think of anything you could collect to show for your efforts either but I like the idea of putting coins in a coke bottle then buying clothes :-)

Ok talk soon, love meagz xx

Gazzy said...

Hey Meagz.
Yeah, I know that quitting smoking isn't going to be easy.
But I can only try. If I feel that quitting smoking is affecting my weight-loss... then I will smoke. But, there are so many reasons to quit straight away, I think I should at least give it a try.

I haven't thought of anything to collect either... Might do the coins in a coke bottle anyways. Because Money = Good.

Lookin forward to August. Take some nice photos for the blog too!
Gazzy xoxox