Friday 5 June 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!


It's my dad's birthday today... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I write the same message in his birthday card every single year... and have done, since I was a child and memorised this little passage from an episode of "The Goodies." I'll share it with you now:
"Your birthday's here so give a cheer, you've lasted through another year. Be sure to have some birthday fun, You might not get another one!!"
I think I'll stop writing that once he gets to 75...

Of course, a family birthday means a family dinner... and dad loves Mexican. So, we had a plethora of Mexican food... And, of course, I did mention what a terribly insensitive time to choose Mexican, with that whole Mexican Swine Flu thing happening at the moment.

Anyways.. So, I had the day off work... I was good and ate breakfast... Just Right as you can see. I wasn't real hungry at lunch, so I just had a Celebrity Slim shake... and then Mexican. As you can see in the picture, there was plenty of food for the 7 of us there. I admit I ate a fair amount, but I did stop myself. I had a little of everything, I filled every taco and every tortilla with heaps of lettuce. So... not a completely terrible night.
Until mum revealed the delicious birthday cake. Baked Cheesecake (my 2nd favourite dessert). Now, usually I would have a massive piece... this time I had a much smaller piece. But, that doesn't change the fact... I ATE CHEESECAKE!!!!

I'm ashamed...

The good news... back at work tomorrow. No shopping to do. No Family Dinner to go to.
No Excuses!!!
The other news.. My sister started having contractions tonight. She's about 6 weeks away from her due date.. she left for the hospital when we left to come home, so fingers crossed everything will be fine... and I will be an uncle again tomorrow!! Yay!

So...Good Night. I'm off to bed. Early shift!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

At least you are having small servings of all!
I hope all is well with your sister :)

Your 'sister in law' said...

You're doing well so far! Best wishes to Emily as well xx