Monday 15 June 2009

Monday, Monday...



Good Evening everyone!

We've had another pretty good day. Mini-Wheats (yet again! Yum Yum), Vegemite on toast (yet again!) and my slow cooker has gone on it's maiden voyage with a "Beef Hot Pot". Lots of tomato and mushrooms served with some greens (beans & broccoli) - David had potato. I skipped the spud cos of the carbs! So, pretty good...

So, tomorrow is my first full day off for a while! Yay! Heading out to Leven Canyon with Dave and the folks to do the walk up to the look-out. Should be good. Hope I make it! I'll take a photo from the top to show ya!

Yesterday's post had a great response... which is fantastic. I'm glad people are relating to what I'm saying. All this talk of adventure and human interaction, it's nice to talk about, but for some reason, I seem to find it hard to get motivated enough to get going. I always smile and say hello, but I really do seem to be "intimidated" (for lack of a better word) by people I don't know. And, I was thinking today.. Why?

It's that whole Self-Esteem crap. For most of society, being overweight is a like a slur against your name. Even though Australia is the fattest country in the world, with 60% of Australians over 25 being overweight or obese, there is still this stigma of weight. I think a lot of your self-image comes from the opinion of others. The only opinion I ever remember hearing is negative. To the average person, being fat implys that you're lazy and dumb. This is not true and I know this, but that opinion still has a way of planting itself inside your mind. I guess when I meet people who I assume are "better looking" that makes me feel inferior to them.

How pathetic is that?

It is. It's dumb. But, could it be true? I know I'm not dumb. I know I have a good sense of humour, and I think I relate pretty well to people, generally and I'm a nice person (at least I try to be). But, I still have this sense of being inferior. Is that the only reason I want to lose weight? To fit that idea of 'normal' and become a 'superior' person? If that's true then I will fail. If that truly is my motivation, I think I will find that if I lose a lot of weight and become an average size, I will be the same person and nothing will change, except what people think of me.

Who knows really? Hopefully, in a few of months I will the answers, because I've been successful. I want to lose weight to be healthier and live longer and enjoy life and living more.

So.. anyway, I will see you all tomorrow night.. and I'll let you know how wondeful Leven Canyon was. Good Night.
Gazzy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is only one reason and one person that you need to do this for and that is you, people who are your friends and i mean truley ur friends will love you no matter what size etc etc and bugga anyone that dosent accept that lol
de

Jenny said...

I agree fully with what De wrote. Buggar what others think, it is what you think and feel.
I hope you and David have a great day at Leven Canyon with your parents. Cant wait to see the great photos you are going to take.

Gazzy said...

I don't think I explained myself very well... I do want to lose weight for myself, and I'm only doing it for myself...
What I meant was, is the reason I want to lose weight, because of what I think other people think of me.

Did that make any more sense?? Probably not.. LOL. I guess it's hard to explain.

But, rest assured.. I would only do this for myself and no one else - Like it or Not.. I'm Me!!

Thanks for leaving comments all the time you two, I really really appreciate it!

Anyone else have anything to add?