Thursday 4 June 2009

Day One...


It Has Begun...

Well, the day started well... I didn't skip 'breakfast' and I had a delicious Celebrity Slim shake (Latte). Then, before work I had a real Latte (skim milk) - because I'm a coffee addict and I can't and don't want to give it up at all... coffee before work is a ritual that helps me through the day! So, then I finished work and was at home, feeling the need for some lunch, with next to nothing in the house and no car to get me anywhere... so I had some instant pasta stuff for lunch... you know, those things that are supposed to be side dishes!! lol...
So.. that wasn't great but not exactly the end of the world... UNTIL...

After David finished work and got home... we had to go do the grocery shopping... buy the time we got out of the supermarket, it was 7:45 and we were hungry... so what did we do?? We went to KFC on the way home! Now... I said to David, "This is going to be bad for the blog! It's my first day." And he said, "Well, just twist the truth and say you had chicken, everyone doesn't need to know"... But, that would defeat the whole purpose of this...
So, I had a Twister Combo... Which, I admit is bad... but it is a lot less than what I would usually order from KFC... so, you know...

Being Fat Sucks... and I keep remembering something I heard somewhere, that "nothing tastes as good as being healthy and fit feels"... and I know this (in theory). But for us fatties (tell me if I'm wrong), food is an addiction. I seriously do feel the Need for a cheeseburger sometimes. I honestly have eaten half a cake in one go... I have stuffed myself with food fast when no one is looking, just because.. Food is seriously an addiction. And people that don't have that addiction don't really understand it. I've never been a druggie so it's odd to me to imagine someone being addicted to shooting up (I hate needles - so that wouldn't help). It is an addiction that is hard to break, like all addictions. But, I must do it.

Anyway, enough dribble... The main event....

The FIRST EVER Weekly Weigh-In...
Now, remember... this is the Starting Weight. This number is the reason I created a blog.
This morning, I stepped onto the scales, scared about looking down. Before I could, the scales yelled out at me, "One at a time, please!" (sorry...)
I was actually a little happy reading the display this morning. It was 151.3kg. Last time I weighed myself it was just over 155. So, those little changes I talked about previously must be doing something..
So, now you know. I don't like to tell people how much I weigh, but it's out there now... and I'm determined to do something...
I hope that I can get down to 100kg. I would be really, really happy if I can get to 100.

So.. Day One is over. Not a complete failure... but, pretty close...
Will be better tomorrow. I will put photos up every day this week (at least).. everything that's going into my mouth will be posted on here...




Well, almost....
Gazzy


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Keep it up Garry! Am enjoying ready your blogs and being a part of this with you.
Well done :)