Thursday 11 June 2009

Success!



So, if you've read the post from this morning you would know it was a successful week! 1.8kgs down! Woo-Hoo! Great Success!

Success always gives me the urge to celebrate with something fatty and disgusting! I did not.
Breakfast was Just Right (only because I ran out of Celebrity Slim shakes), followed by a delicious coffee before work! Got home feeling pretty hungry, not much in the house. Was tempted to deep fry some chips David's got in the freezer - but decided to make an omelet instead. (3 eggs, light cheese, ham, capsicum & mushroom with a little curry). It doesn't look appealing but it was very yummy. Then Dave got home from work (late - I'm convinced he's having an affair - lol!) and we had to do some shopping - and as I said, tradition is Take Away.. so we went to McDonald's. WAIT!! NOT ALL BAD... I picked the Tandoori Chicken Wrap from their Healthy Choices range, and ordered a Medium Fries as well. The wrap was YUK! Usually I like Tandoori, but I did not like that!! And, I only ate about half the fries!

That amazed myself!! I ordered them because I we were at the window... and I love fries. I ordered them on impulse. Once I started eating them, I was thinking to myself, "You know what?!? They're not that great. These are not the nicest things to eat. Considering the affect that they have on my body (fat) and mind (addiction)... they're not that great! I don't want to sacrifice my healthy and happiness for a few french fries!

When I was a kid, we wouldn't get take away A LOT. I mean, we ate a lot of crap... but, it was still a treat to go to McDonald's. For the last few years it's been the norm. And that's wrong. It's bad. And, I'm not surprised I've ballooned out to 150kg.

Anyway, it's just nice that I can surprise myself sometimes! :)

A couple of weeks ago I was in the supermarket. I looked down and noticed my shoe lace was undone. Being a fat person, there was no way I was bending down or even squatting in public to tie that thing up. We were walking back to the car and I could hear a young couple talking behind us. They were giggling. I heard him say to his girlfriend, something about "...not being able to tie his shoelace" and she laughed. I knew they were making fun of me. That sorta stuff happened a lot when I was in high school, and every now and then something like that happens to remind me of the misery of those years. There was one kid that used to throw tennis balls at me.

That was before anyone knew I was gay. A fat gay star trek fan, living in Tasmania! It's like the start of a really bad joke!

I sound really depressed tonight... but I'm really not. I'm really really ecstatic that I lost 1.8kg in this last week and despite the pizza set back, I'm really happy with my efforts thus far. I wrote all that other stuff to help get it out of my system... As far as I am concerned - that was the old me and things can only get better from here!

On that note, I will say good night.

Elvis has left the building.
Peace Out!
Gazzy

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear you didnt like the chicken.

Keep up the good work!!

Marguerite said...

Well done Garry. Hopefully the success of week one will give you the incentive to keep going.

Gazzy said...

thanks guys! xoxo