Thursday 25 June 2009

Results



Another successful weigh in day! Yay...

I seriously cannot believe 5.4kg in 3 weeks mostly from diet change. I mean, I've done a bit more exercise than normal as well... but I'm not in the gym every day or anything major... having said that, the walk/jog c25k thing feels kinda intense, but more on that in a minute..

Breakfast was a bowl of Nutri-Grain. Then the run with Damian. Lunch was some instant pasta stuff...which, I know isn't that good for you, but it's better than a Big Mac and I didn't have much food in the house... Tonight is traditionally take away night. But, instead we had Chicken Burritos which I love! As you can see in the picture, I have a love affair with Sour Cream (Light, of course). So, not too bad.

So, Damian & I met up for Day Two of our C25K program. I was determined to push myself further than last time, but it was a struggle again. My first jog (supposed to last 60seconds) was alright. Managed to keep going for about 45 seconds... but each jogging interval got worse and worse from there. I did really try. I am not going to give up on this, but having it set to week-to-week goals may be a little crap. Will I feel like I'm failing if I have to repeat? Possibly. Maybe I should make it a 9 month program instead of 9 weeks. Ok.. 9 months is a shit long time, but I'm not in a rush am I? (Damian may not want to run with me 3 times a week for 9 months though?!?)

NO! I want to do the 5km Santa Dash in Ulverstone at the end of the year. I have 5 1/2 months to get to the end of the program. I can do that! The more I practice the better I will get. The more weight I loose, the less I have to carry with me on that jog! I can do it in 5 months. I am determined.

So, 5.4kgs down... I was going to start collecting something for every 5kgs I lose. Well, I've reached my first target and I have no idea what I want to collect? Something that can represent what I'm doing... Something that I can put on my mantlepiece or on display with pride and know that they are there to show me and remind me of how bad I had gotten and how much better I will be feeling... But, I have no Friggin idea and it's pissing me off! Anyone thought of anything? Seriously, all suggestions are more than welcome...

Now, the smoking issue... Well, today I tried to smoke less than normal... trying to cut back a little. Between getting out of bed and about midday I had had a total of 2 cigarettes. Usually I have 2 with my morning coffe as soon as I wake up - and would normally have probably had about7 or 8 in the same time. After that, I went back to normal. In fact, I may have compensated for the ones I missed this morning, by smoking more this afternoon and this evening! Now, I think the reason for that was... I kept myself busy this morning and I didn't do much this afternoon. I think I was smoking because I was bored. But now that I know that, what? I can't find something to do every minute of every day. I enjoy being bored - not being bored - but, you know, doing nothing.... So, we'll see. I might try out a couple of different cutting back techniques and see what happens. I don't want to go cold turkey on a work day, because I know how shit I will feel.. I will have a headache and probably the shakes and I will feel like crap, so I'm not going to just not have any when I'm off to work... Not a good idea!

Anyways, that's enough about that. I experienced some LA traffic this evening. I went to pick David up from work (Yes, we live close to his work, but it was raining!) and there was a mass line up of cars. I was seriously waiting for about 15 or 20 minutes, to get around the block (basically).
There must have been an accident. Hope everyone's alright...

That's about everything for tonight. Please, leave a comment on a reward if you can think of anything.. leave a comment anyway cos I like knowing people are reading!!

5.4kgs down... at least 45kgs left to go... daunting isn't it?!
Gazzy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gaz, you know how we were talking about the money thing before, it could apply to weight loss too. Instead of thinking you have to lose 45 kilos, think of it as losing 1 kilo 45 times! It doesn't sound quite so daunting.

As an incentive, maybe you could have the coke bottle with $2 coins on the mantlepiece and when it's full, spend it on new clothes for your new figure.

So, so proud of you.
Love...your mother-in-law. xxx

Anonymous said...

daunting....shit mate.... you are a 10th of the way there!!

Damian

S.I.L. said...

Congrats on the 5.4kg! =) I'll be doing the Santa dash again this year so hopefully that's another incentive for you-- you don't want me bagging you out for chickening out, now do we?! Kidding!

As for the smoking, sugar-free gum and lollies are a good replacement when you're in the beginning process of cutting down your intake, perhaps you could try that? But weight loss is your number one priority right now, and you're doing well, so keep it up =)