Sunday 9 August 2009

The Sunday Times

Spent most the day hanging out and doing some shopping with my mum. Shopping for baby stuff and stuff for my sister... still in hospital.. for tonight at least. So, we went shopping for presents and supplies.. Flowers and blankets and crappy gossip magazines and chocolates and stuff... the usual, so I'm told..

Last night we had my folks and my brother here for dinner which was nice. After being off limits cos I had the flu it was good to catch up with them all.. plus we're about a 1 minute drive from the hospital where my sister is, so I guess I'm just convenient for them! lol... but it was nice to catch up anyways.. While they were here, I mentioned something about my drama classes and stuff from high school and how a friend of mine and I wanted to do a play and anyway, Dad asked me why I don't do anything like that anymore... got me to thinking... why don't I?

And that got me to thinking.. that I don't really do anything "artsy" anymore. I used to do my things and enjoy them.. And I guess that's why I've become a bit obsessed with this Halloween party. I get to make things and scare people.. it's kinda like if I was building a theme park or something, you know.. it's a bit creative and inventive and crafty and Fun!! I guess it's an outlet I haven't had for awhile.. and I think this blog is a bit of that too... an outlet...

So, I had an idea a while ago about doing some paintings things with some religious symbols and stuff.. (if I get around to doing it, I'll post some pics)... so I went in search of some religious symbols on Google and stuff.. And I stumbled across this "church"... The Westboro Baptist Church in the US. They have several pages online... God Hates Fags, God Hates America, God Hates the World... (including Australia). They are basically a church devoted to preaching the sin of homosexuality. To extremes. Australia is doomed because we have decent human rights law for same-sex couples. The faggot poster boy of Australia is Heath Ledger who is in hell for spitting in god's face acting gay in Brokeback Mountain. They thank god for the bushfires that killed people... Australia deserved it because it's a Fag Enabling country... They picket the funerals of people that have died of aids, people who were openly gay, soldiers who died in war (because America is trying to spread it's fag filth across the world)... it's unbelievable.... It's no wonder that gay teenagers still fear coming out... and that they still commit suicide from fear... this kind of intolerance and hatred preaching is horrible... I found this quote on their website

"God does not hate them because they are homosexuals; they are homosexuals because God hates them."

Well, imagine growing up in a religious family as a homosexual and hearing these messages. I went to a private school and was bombarded with some of this religious nonsense. I can totally understand why these kids kill themselves or live a life of lies and secrets... it's bullshit. It's not right...

Sorry... I didn't mean to get on here and fill my blog with this stuff... I was just reading it before I started writing this and I guess I got a bit carried away. It's just unreal to me that they can do this stuff and have those hateful websites...

OK.. Anyways... tomorrow is my new beginning.. so keep reading and please send me some motivation and good luck and whatever else you've got... I'm hoping to have a renewed sense of self and motivation tomorrow... I seriously want to get back on track completely.. And I will....

Stay Tuned...
Gazzy

No comments: