Tuesday 11 August 2009

I Am Sooooo Lazy



It was a lazy, lazy day off today... I thought about going for a walk - does that count?
I spent the day catching up on some episodes of True Blood and doing bits of housework... True Blood is addictive and just so darn good!

The Food Report: Breakfast was a lovely bowl of Special K... and for lunch, I went all out... I had... Fruit Toast... mainly because it was about the only thing in the cupboard. It was either that or some frozen chips from the freezer (which would've been deep fried) so I'm thinking the toast was a good choice... and due mostly to budget concerns... having some streamed Dim Sims for dinner... extravagant, I know. You're jealous of my wealth and decadent lifestyle, I know. lol

So... that's about it... Tomorrow is another work day... lucky me... which is actually fine. After having almost a full week off cos I was sick.. and last week, hardly having any hours... this week is busy at work.. which will be good for the bank account. We seemed to have gone through all our money real fast.. and my pay day this week is going to be barely worth it, cos I've only done 17 hours for the fortnight... No Sick Pay for us casuals!! So... the couple of weeks is going to be hard, budget wise... which makes things harder diet wise...

Why is that fruit and vegetables and healthier things are more expensive? Is it because more people eat the crappy bad for you stuff... making the cost of the decent good for you food more expensive? I don't get it... maybe people would eat better if it were cheaper. It is cheaper for us to go to McDonald's a buy a "Value Meal" for $6 or $7 each... than cook most of the stuff that we do cook. I'm sure there are budget recipes and shit for cooking at home... but, you know... I like to eat nice things... and it seems that buy the time you buy Chicken and stuff to cook with it... and then vegetables to go with it... it's cheaper, quicker and easier just to swing past Macca's and get a McChicken Meal. But that's how I got in this situation in the first place, right?

Oh, I finish work at 7 o'clock... couldn't possibly cook... let's just get take away... BAD

NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY...

But, that is something we'll be working on...

Oh and by the way... that other picture is me in a Star Trek Ferengi mask I got off Ebay. I've never seen them before, so I think they're kinda rare-ish... so, I bought this one and a different one... I know, I know... I'm a geek... but it's a good addition to my collection! I'm a Geek, I know!

So... anyway... that's my rant for tonight...

If you haven't seen True Blood... Watch it!

Good Night Peoples!
Gazzy

2 comments:

SIL said...

With vegetables and meats such as chicken, you can make quick and easy enough meals that are pretty big-- you can freeze the leftovers and eat them throughout the week. Whereas with take away, it may only be $6 but it's only one meal. That's how I do and see it anyway :)

Gazzy said...

True True...

However, David usually does the cooking and there seems to be no portion control...
He'll cook enough food for about 4 people, serve it up as half each and our "leftovers" are half eaten mess.

Anyways... we shall see

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Gazzy