Friday 7 August 2009

Motivation

Still no pics I'm afraid. Think it might be an issue with our computer - we've been having major technical issues and we can't afford a new computer - despite needing one desperately! lol

So, my motivation seems to have disappeared lately... I need to set a new start date and stick to it and just do it. Monday... Monday will be my new beginning!

I just can't seem to stay away from crap. I've said it before and I'm saying it again... food (sugary, carbo loaded, fatty, glorious food) is addictive... just like drugs. And today was harder to stay away. Before I've managed to be at least half or kinda good... but I got home from work today and deep-fried some chicken nuggets and some chips we had in the freezer (they've been in there for a while)... and for dinner tonight... Pizza... gloriously horrible greasy fatty heart attack inducing weight gaining fat making doughy meaty cheesy death of Pizza. And it tasted so good. I have been taking photos every day and trying to upload them and when I looked at the picture of the pizza I had just eaten (almost the whole thing) I wanted to throw up and cry and laugh at myself all at the same time. It looked so horrid and so terrible and so bad for me... and I ate it. Why? What did caving in and eating pizza do for me?

Well... I've been thinking about that... Nothing. I gained nothing from eating that pizza, except feeling like crap for doing so and probably some more fat around my waist...
Sure, it tasted good. As far as satisfying my hunger, it did the job... but, I'm sure a steak and some salad would've hit the spot just as well, but I still had the pizza..

Could it be lazyness? Maybe I just can't be bothered cooking? I dunno. I don't really get it. I know what I should and shouldn't do.. I know what is good and bad... but that knowledge just doesn't seem to connect with action lately...

Meagan (a very frequent commenter.. and Sister in Law) said that I would get my motivation back when I'm feeling 100% better (after the flu and asthma). Maybe it's just that. I'm feeling pretty good... a hell of a lot better than this time last week... but yeah, probably about 85% or 90%... so, maybe that's it.... Maybe Monday will be a whole new Motivated Me?!

Fuck I hope so!

(I know, I have a potty mouth! sorry!)

So... that's the plan... Motivation Monday is just a few days away... let's make that my new threshold... my new start... the start of the better me... And to help me do this... I will make some promises to you all now... ready...

1. Walk to work at least twice next week. I must take a photo of something different each day, on the way, that I couldn't possibly take from the car. This is dependant on the weather of course. If it's pissing down with rain the whole week - fuck that shit! But, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.
2. I must use the rowing machine (which is actually fun) at least 3 times next week. Again, photo of each day must be taken. I will set up the camera to take a pic... and I'll jump on. There is no excuse for this not to happen, as it is not dependant on the weather.
3. Food choices... photos of everything, as per usual... If there are issues with uploading here on the blog, must post pictures on Facebook or some other website... If all else fails, save photos until technical difficulties are sorted out.. and post them on Facebook as a week long photo blog.

and that's it... sounds simple enough... let's see how I go over the weekend...

Enjoy your weekend!
Gazzy

No comments: