Wednesday 23 September 2009

Mid-Week Think



Let's get the food report done for today: MiniWheats for breakfast, coffee before work, a NoFat Yogurt (Sticky Date Pudding flavour) for lunch and Devilled Sausages with a little rice and vegies for dinner! So, pretty good for today. Also did another 30mins on the treadmill... at a decent pace. The treadmill doesn't seem to be getter easier, but my recovery time after I get off seems to be getting better... so I guess thats a good thing.

So, what have I been thinking about? Well, this whole idea of goal setting. When I started this 3+ months ago, I said I wasn't going to set goals and recently I changed my mind and set a goal of a 10kg loss before Halloween (Oct 31st). That would mean I would need to average a 1.3kg loss a week... and in the first week I lost 0.9 and then 1.1. Now, 2 kilos in 2 weeks is great. I'm happy with that... but, it's not on track for this goal I set. And, to tell you the truth.. I feel a bit shitty about it. So, I'm not having those individual goals. It's more important for me to focus on what the good changes to my lifestyle I've made... and the success I've had rather than focus on a goal that I may or may not be able to achieve and then feel like a failure for not reaching it...

Instead, I'm going to make a what fellow blogger, Greg calls a Goal Board. I'm going to get some big paper and stick this on the wall here at home aswell. This is basically a "Things I want to do when I'm healthy that I couldn't or wouldn't do when I was Fat". I think looking a this and being able to mark things off as done is going to be much more motivational for me...

Buy nice clothes that aren't in the Plus-Sized range.
Participate in a 5km charity run/walk.
Learn to Swim.
Take Dancing Lessons.
Ride on a Theme Park ride.
Complete the Couch Potato to 5k runner program.
Travel.

As I think of more things, I will add them to my board at home... If you can think of something, please leave a comment and leave a suggestion....

I'm also going to do a fitness goals board as well, but I need to work on that one...

As you know, it is weigh in day tomorrow. It's my 3rd weigh in since starting on Reductil, so I'm curious as to what the results will be. I haven't made the best food decisions this week, but I have been on the treadmill a decent amount... and haven't really over-eaten at any stage, so I'm hoping for some kind of loss.

I think I really need to get some more help for exercise. Maybe I should really join the gym and get over the fear or being in public and just find the money for it... Maybe I should get one of those personal trainers out of the yellow pages once a week... or maybe I should keep doing what I'm doing until I feel more comfortable and capable... I don't know...

Alrighty folks... I will be back tomorrow with the weigh in results and remember, if you've got any suggestions for the goal board (or anything else) hit me up in the comments or via email (gazzyintazzy@live.com)...

Good Night All.
Gazzy

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry been so slack posting comments. You are going great still as I knew you would.
Amy is looking forward to walking with you...I think it will be good for her. I am out at moment as have done my right leg, calf muscle so am limping heaps at moment.
Maybe it wouldnt hurt to enquire about the personal trainers...and how much they will set you back. You could go that way until you are comfortable enough with yourself to join a gym.

Anonymous said...

Hi Garry, u r doing fantastic, personally I think that what u r doing on the tread mill is enough right now, if u go head on and do to much u will get sick of it and if u increase ur exercise too much u have to ask urself is that amount what u want to do forever , which is what u will have to keep up. 30 mins on a treadmill compared to nothing much a few weeks ago is a huge leap, perhaps just alternate it, treadmill a few times a week and a walk on a nice day instead..Im about to take the plunge and get back into walking, muffin needs the exercise as much as I do and with daylight savings on the way a great time to start.Individual gym classes are around 15 bucks a class pretty hexy for a hour and not sure what personal trainers are worth these days but at a guess double what the gym will be an hour.You dont really need weights or anything yet until u are at the tone up stage..I think u r doing great how u r , and if ur comfortable doing that and its working then why change it just yet.
anyway thats my 2 cents worth lol sorry havent written last few days, been too bloody tired , take care sweetness and see u at work
luv De xxx

Gazzy said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

I think I'll stick with what I'm doing for now... Would be nice to get some strength as well, tho... I have this image of fat melting off me like wax, revealing a buff and toned Thin Garry underneath! LOL

I need to get out more!

Gazzy.
xoxox