Sunday 6 September 2009

Happy Father's Day Dad!



So, to start things off... Happy Father's Day to my dad! You're a great support, a great friend, a mentor when I need advice and you know when I need you to be a father. You're a champ and I'm glad that as I've gotten older we've grown closer. I respect and admire you greatly and despite some of our awkward starts to my adulthood, I think we've both grown personally and I think we're closer now because of the "drama" of my coming out. You will always be a positive influence in my life and I appreciate having you close by. Love ya dad!

OK... Now on to the blog stuff.. (I hope dad still reads my blog!)...

Breakfast was, again, mini-wheats. I just love 'em. Coffee before work, which was a bit crap cos my coffee shop isn't open on Sundays :( Then, after work, I drove over to see my folks and brother and sister to spend the afternoon for father's day. Of course, family gatherings = food.
So, we had a small (for us) platter of water crackers, salami, fresh tomato and carrot, brie cheese... etc, etc (You can see in the picture). So, because I'm trying to be strict on the amount of calories I consume (not counting, just being aware) I counted this as lunch and didn't over indulge. I ate 4 crackers with brie and salami... and I picked at little bits of cabana and stuff. I was happy just having that as I know they're high-calorie, but I just can't say no to Good Cheese! Yum! Then, mum made scones... which I just couldn't pass up either. I haven't had scones for, probably, years... so, I had three with a little jam and cream (I forgot to take pictures of them, sorry). And for dinner tonight, I had steak and vegetables. David had half a plate of deep-fried chips and a pile of Satay Chicken. The pictures above are of my meal on it's own... and then a comparison shot of David's plate. I did this because looking at his plate made me freak out a little at the amount of food and how terrible it looked - and I used to eat like that! Yuk!

EXERCISE! It's not only the poor man's plastic surgery... it's something I need to starting doing on a regular basis....

I'm not going to buy the treadmill because a) I'm a bit pov and b) Spring is here and the nicer weather is just around the corner - so I will be much more likely to get out and walk and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air, so the treadmill can wait till it starts to get cold and wet again!

I have ordered a couple of Biggest Loser Workout DVDs from Amazon.com - I've read other people's blogs and reviews on these DVDs and they're very recommended, so I'm looking forward to getting those! I will let you know what they're like when I've got them...

And... the new week is here... Thursday is weigh-in day and one week of reductil. I'm curious to find out how much of a loss I will have this week since taking the drugs - I think I've been doing alright with the eating of the right things and not over-indulging too much. And Friday I'm off to Launceston to get some fitness advice and spend the day with my mum!

That's about it folks. I hope you've all been good to your dad's today!

Please, leave a comment if you like, it's always appreciated!

Y'all come back now, Ya hear!
Gazzy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too Gaz. I understand why you see us as closer now. Have to say that you have never been any closer or further away in my eyes. Circumstances may have changed over the years and you have had reservations and have had to deal with things as I have had too. But I have never loved you more or less because of any of this. You have always been a great son in my eyes and I have always loved you, Emily and Thomas, just the same now as I always have. Ps. Even if you don't see how much better Star Wars is compared to Star Trek. Dad.

Gazzy said...

Star Wars... pfft!!