Monday 20 July 2009

Why Can't I Get Married?



Hey everyone

So let's talk food. Breakfast this morning was the usual.. Nutri-Grain. For lunch today I had some boring as vegemite on toast - cos I didn't want something cold. For dinner tonight we are having a breakfast-style eggs and bacon with sausage and tomato on toast. Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I ate one line (3 large squares) of chocolate today as well. I know, I know.. Naughty, Naughty.

I'm really struggling to stay away from crap.. and one of the reasons for this is, at the moment there isn't much in the cupboards or fridge. We didn't really get around to doing our weekly grocery shopping this week. We were distracted by work, visitors and the shinyness of buying some pretty new things. David still managed to collect some crappy food, so thats what is in the cupboard... and the last few days, my willpower hasn't been strong enough to stay away from it.

But, it will be. We're heading up to Launceston tomorrow and I get to pick up a rowing machine from my sister-in-law (Thanks Heaps and Heaps of Lots, Meagan!!!) In a week or so, I will get the remainder of my tax cheque, which, fingers crossed, will enable me to purchase either a treadmill or Wii and layby the other. Fingers crossed... the longer we wait for the money, the more it seems needs to come out of it when we do get it! Fucking Money! It's a bitch! I think communisim has it's Up points! lol

Thanks to Bianka for posting on the forum... (link is on the right of the screen ---)

There will not be a blog entry tomorrow night... We'll be away for the night. I will take photos of everything I eat tomorrow and Wednesday and post them all. Hopefully we'll get a chance to go a do a little walk somewhere around Launceston too. If we do, I'll get a photo or two of that too!

So, can someone tell me why it is that David and I can't get married?

I've heard the argument that having gay marriage would destroy the sanctity of marriage. Well, isn't the divorce rate in this country doing that?

Some have said that gay marriage shouldn't be allowed because it says in the bible that it is wrong. Well, then why does homosexuality exist in nature (outside of humanity)?
And if it is so important to God, then why did Jesus not say one word about it. In the bible, all the anti-gay stuff is in the Old Testament. Surely, if it was important, Jesus would've said or done something about it...

But, besides that... Law and Religion should be seperate.

So... as long as 2 people love each other and are there for each other and support each other and all the stuff that makes a marriage work... why can't we get married? What make straight people so much more entitled to this?

We are all human beings. We are all people. Love should be celebrated in ALL FORMS. It's hard to believe we can go to war over oil and religion, but there is a law against equality. And in some parts of the world.. a law against love itself...

I don't understand this. If you do, please explain it to me.

That's about it for tonight..
I will post again on Wednesday! Have a great night?!?!
Gazzy

No comments: