Thursday 24 December 2009

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas....






It's Christmas Eve! Holy Crap the year went so fast...

It's Thursday today of course, which means Weigh In Day... but I totally & utterly forgot. I always weigh in Thursday mornings before breakfast... and I was preoccupied this morning and forgot till about 4 this afternoon. Bugger... so I'll either skip this week or I'll weigh in tomorrow... we'll see how I go tomorrow!

So, Christmas Eve is here... I guess I'm a bit of a downer around this time of year. I don't mean to bring people down when they're excited about Christmas, but I just honestly do not understand it. And so I have a habit of asking people why the celebrate Christmas and try to put across my "Bah! Humbug!" ways. So people get sick of me asking 'why'? It just seems to me that Christmas brings out the worst in people. I had the unfortunate duty of going to the supermarket today... and in the over-crowded mad rush, not 1, not 2 but 3 people ran their trolleys into me because they weren't paying attention or didn't care. And not one of those people apoligised for doing so or even acknowledged my existence. In fact one woman looked at me like it was my fault. Sorry, I didn't know standing there in plain sight was such a bad thing to do! Was I Surprised? Not really... it's Christmas.

I think Scrooge was right. What is the true meaning of Christmas?

Most of the people around me are so excited for Christmas. They either have children or are grandparents having Christmas with their extended families. I can understand why Christmas would be 'magical' and 'special' to families with children. I can sorta get that. Children wait for Santa to come and to see them excited and in awe and wonder of how it all happened... I get it, I really do... but for those of us who don't have and don't plan on having children... Christmas is a little overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to spend time with family... but I also do see my family quiet often. I'm not 'going home for the holidays' or anything...

And half the people out there are actually celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.... There some trouble to start with... but let's not get into that right now... I think I talk too much about religion on here... I'll have to try and bite my tongue/fingers and edit myself a bit more...

I don't really know what I'm trying to say... If Christmas is a wonderful time for you, that's wonderful and I hope you enjoy your festivities and drink and be merry. 'Make the Yuletide Gay'. And for those of you that aren't too keen on the whole affair... Don't worry... It'll all be over in just 24hours...and you did get the day off work...

Merry Christmas Everybody!



Gazzy
"God Bless Us, Every One."
Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

No comments: