Saturday 23 January 2010

Saturday Night....

Hello Everyone...


So, I went back to the dentist yesterday... I think everyone was convinced it was going to be dry-socket (lost blood clot and exposed bone!!)... but, it wasn't. Apparently it just takes me a while to heal... So, they cleaned out the hole and put some analgesic/anti-septic stuff in it to try to eliminate some of the pain. And, I think it worked. No pain today... Yay! I'm pretty convinced that it was infected... because it looked gross and was pretty bad... but the body heals these things itself and I think it was clearing up on it's own, so by the time I got back to the dentist it was kinda better...But, anyway.. they cleaned it out, said these things generally fix themselves.. and then charged me $75.00. Crazy... But, that's the positive part of this story... 

There's another tooth that a filling must've fallen out of a while ago and I've been waiting for the cash to get it fixed... well, what a surprise, I don't have any cash... and with an infection in my mouth... not good. I woke up this morning and noticed that the tooth that needed work, the gum around it is all smooth and tender... so, either the infection decided to spread to the other tooth it could get into... or I'm just very unlucky and it's just a coincidence that this one has started playing up too. Either way.. it's probably another trip to the dentist and another $200 or something - which is kinda impossible, because I had to borrow the money from mum and dad for the first 2 appointments... and I don't really know what I'm going to do...Hopefully it wont get much more painful and I'll just try not to eat for a few days... I don't know..  But for someone who hates and is actually a little bit terrified of the dentist, it seems I might as well move in!


So, anyways...  all this dental talk has made me think about all the stuff I keep putting off. Maybe I should start this year with a complete health check and fix... Quit smoking, start taking vitamins, get to the doctor and get a full check-up thing as well as advice and information on the best way to reach my goals. They always say to consult a physician before undertaking anything at all. Make a check-up appointment with the dentist, to get everything checked and fixed... instead of this: I'm in pain - pull the bastard out system... I swear I wont be able to chew soon! Maybe I should do all this. I mean, it's all for my own benefit... I would have a better understand of how bad a shape my body is in and what I need to do to fix the problems I have. Might take the video camera with me and make a 2010 health doco-video blog for ya all. What do you think? 


Well, David and I are off to the movies tonight with a one of David's friends Daniel and his girlfriend. We're gonna see Avatar... I know, everyone else in the world has seen it.. but, you know... So, I'll let you know what I think of it tomorrow! I'll give it the Gazzy-Review! 


But seriously... I had no idea my teeth were in such bad shape. I mean, I knew they were stained from all the coffee I drink and smoking.. And I'm just thinking maybe I have other health issues I have tried to ignore that I shouldn't. Maybe... 

Having all this pain and discomfort in my mouth though... means I don't want to eat. I'm not hungry enough to go through the pain of chewing... so I guess there another silver lining! Bad one, I know... but still...



Anyways folks... that's it for me tonight. I hope you've all enjoyed your Saturday and I'll be back tomorrow with the Sunday Blog... Good Night...


Gazzy


1 comment:

Kerry said...

Hi Gaz,
I think the idea of a complete health overhaul is a really good idea. Maybe he could refer you to a nutritionist, they are pretty good (that's what I've heard). And seriously, give the multis another go, I can swallow 5 at once now whereas I used to gag on one before! I take a multivitamin, fish oil, glucosamine, calcium and anti-histamine every night and have never felt better. And a positive outlook on life is the best health benefit there is! God, I'm starting to sound like some aging health fanatic! But as you know, I drink far too much wine for that to be true! Lol!
When you get your health problems sorted, start thinking preventative is better than a cure for whatever ails you, it really works!
Love ya (and my little Spock child) xxxxxooooo