Monday 1 March 2010

Monday Soap Box

Holy Crap... it's March!! Is it just me or does 2010 seem to be flying??

Let's get down to business... the Food Report! Saturday - was a work day for me, Nutri-Grain for breakfast, no lunch and pizza for dinner... bad bad, i know.. but I'm being honest, so deal with it! Yesterday was a day off & I went over the Ulverstone Festival in the Park for the day. Was nice to be out of the house and not at work! I skipped breakfast, but of all the unhealthy and deep fried choices at a festival like that, I had a venison souvlaki for lunch... it was mostly lettuce with a little bit of venison but was good all the same. Then last night we went to my folks for dinner because my grandma is over from Victoria for a 6 week visit... so we had a little birthday gathering for her last night... lasagna and salad and a bit of birthday cake for dessert - I'm a sucker for a sponge! And, so that brings us to today... Nutri-Grain for breakfast, coffee before work, left over pizza (only 3 slices) for lunch and Dave's Noodles for dinner tonight. NOT BEING DIRTY... It's a legitimate stir-fry noodle take away place, not a reference to David's... well, you know... Oh! Was I the only one that went there??? SORRY!!!
So, that's that... there you go... Not great, but you know... 


Now for some bitching, as usual... 

So, this is gonna sound petty or stupid, but it bugs me. Sometimes at work people say 'thank you and god bless'. I find this incredibly rude. It's mostly old people and I know they're just trying to be nice and whatever, but it's rude. They don't know what religion I am or if I follow a religion at all... if I was a satanist, would they like me to end a call with "May Satan follow your children through life" or even Mohammad bless or whatever religious reference I like?? I mean, this very simple gesture of politeness just seems very rude to me. It's just rude to assume anything about me.... 
One time I had a guy call up, probably in his 30's I reckon and he asked for Scissor Sisters in Queensland (i think) it was a hairdresser. It did come up straight away so I tried to make small talk and said to him "that's a band isn't it?" He said, "Yeah, a faggot band." So I learnt to keep my mouth shut and just get on with it... 
The only thing I assume about people is that they're slightly intelligent... but usually I'm proved wrong! 
OK... I'm done... that was my bitch! The end!


So, what else has been doin? Well, not much at all really... We're only 8 months away from Halloween... and I think it's going to be big this year... I think I mentioned we're having a Carnival this year... We've been researching what we want to have and the best and cheapest way to make things. I think it's going to be a lot of fun this year... 



Does anyone know what's happening with this internet filter?? Or this internet ombudsman?? I saw on Sunrise all this stuff about people leaving offensive comments and stuff on certain Facebook pages about that girl that was murdered and that people were demanding an ombudsman to monitor and control what content people are leaving.... 


OK... I understand that the people leaving these messages are the lowest form of scum. It is horrible to think that people would do this... but they do it. People are like this... and I think it's the responsibility of the people that host these websites, pages, forums or whatever it is, to monitor their sites and delete this they think are inappropriate. Do we really need a government authority to dictate what we can and can not do online? If you're offended by something or are disturbed by something you find online... close it, don't look at it... whatever... block it from your personal computer... Are we really to the point that we want a government to filter the whole countries access to information?? China has a internet filter, but they're communist... I thought the whole idea of Freedom was exactly that... Freedom to view/read/learn whatever we want... 


I'm off the Soap Box now... I'm sorry... 

Alright... That's me for today... I'll be back tomorrow night! Have a wonderful Monday night! xoxo

Gazzy

No comments: