Wednesday 3 March 2010

Emo Wednesday

 
I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I'm an emotional eater. What I eat and how much I eat really depends on my mood, what kind of day I've had and what I'm doing just before or planning on doing after dinner. It seems that the customers at work get to me more and more every day... and in the last few weeks I've had more bad days than good... and it's effecting me more than I realised until today...

Today was just one of those day where the stupidity, arrogance and abuse from the customers really got to me and made me more and more frustrated every hour of my shift. So after 8 hours of crap I finally got home and had a bit of a binge on chocolate - didn't go too crazy, but just not a good indication of why I eat. And as if that wasn't enough... when it came time for dinner... well, the call of McDonald's was just too great... which was definitely counted as a Way Too Big of a binge... for the first time ever I counted the calories of my meal (after the fact!) and in one sitting of McDonald's food I consumed approx. 1922 calories!! Almost 2000 calories in one fucking go! What the fuck is that about?!?! 

I think it's pretty obvious that I need to figure out a way to stop myself from eating for emotional reasons... it's something I was aware of before but didn't think that much of it... But I have to admit that this is an issue for me and needs to be fixed, but I have no idea how to combat this. I'm assuming the best way to address this would be to find something that is emotionally rewarding to me that can replace the need to eat crappy food. Maybe I should use the boxing bag and punch out my frustration... walk away that kinda depressed low-feeling... Surely something that is a positive action towards my health would be a mood enhancer right?? 

Well, that's my Emo Wednesday confession... If anyone reading has any advice, I'm totally open.. and thanks to those that leave comments... I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my posts... 
Gazzy

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Garry, I know just how you feel. But those customers are too ignorant to give a damn. They would not have the brains to do our job and just you remember that. It stressed me out last year, but now I just do my job the best I can and to hell with the idiots.
Oh, Garry. McDonalds is NOT a good choice mate. I never step in there or KFC, Pizza chains or such.
Get a slow cooker and put a healthy meal in there to eat as soon as you get through the door.
You are a kind, gentle person and I value our friendship.
Just try to stop emotional eating. Love you too much for you to be killing yourself