Monday 30 November 2009

Social Monday




It's Monday... for most, the day to be back at work and suffering that horrid condition of monday-itis. Not for me. Having worked yesterday it was a day off today. Up early (for a day off) and Special K for breaky. Did the washing and some housework then drove of to visit my mum. Spent a few hours there having a wonderful catch up and chat. She's just got back from a holiday and was telling about the lifestyles of the people she met. She had a marvelous time and it makes me want to travel - hmmm... After a few hours of chat with mum I drove around to my sisters place to catch up with her and her husband and kids. Haven't spent much time with them and they're only a half hour away... so it was great to catch up... So I gossiped there for a couple of hours too and then headed home... By the time I got home it was about 5pm and I realised I didn't have lunch! Ooops! Not supposed to skip meals. I ate a banana and then caught up on some internet surfing... before David got home and we had dinner. Steak with salad and some leftover risotto. Was delicious.

So that was my day off. Not really exciting to read about, but was a good day... it's always nice to spend time with family...

My sister is heading to uni next year... and David's sister is also heading to uni... Got me to thinking... Why the hell aren't I going to uni? Hmmm... I know why!! Because we have a lot of debt that we need to get rid of... Now I remember. So, I'm thinking another year of work and budgetting to try to pay off all our debts ASAP... and then maybe school. I don't hate my job (compared to some others I can think of) but I also don't want to do this job till I retire... I feel I am capable of doing more and I feel like this job is making me lazy... physically and mentally. So, I need to fix that and do something...

But I'm a procrastinator... so I'll get around to it!

Anyways my pretties... I'm heading off... Hope you've all had an alright Monday and just remember the weekend is one day closer now!

Good Night!
Gazzy

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Hi Gaz, I agree wholeheartedly about the dumbing down of society in general and I think it starts in primary school. I learned a lot by reading...I always had my nose in a book when I was younger. My dad encouraged me to read newspapers and encyclopediae (plural of encyclopedia)as well as books and I was always top of the class in english (to balance being bottom of the class in maths! Lol!). Some of the things that really annoy me are the misuse of words like 'to and too', "bare with me" instead of "bear with me", 'affect and effect' and the one I hate most of all...the Americanism of adding 'of' after off, eg. "Get off of me!" Grrrrrr! I come from a long line of pedantics! Lol.
Kids should read more! Everyone should read more!
And that's my rant for today.
Have you tried Special K with chocolate flakes? They are beautiful, and keep the chocolate cravings at bay! I have them with skim milk and strawberries. Yum!
Lotsa love...Mum 2 xxx

Gazzy said...

well... I did not know that the plural of encyclopedia was encyclopediae. But, I will remember it now. I also liked your point about the Americanisation of our language (the "Get off of me"). I've noticed that too.

I haven't tried those Special K with chocolate flakes. I've noticed them in the shop... skim milk and strawberries... I might just have to try that on pay day. Need to have some healthier breakfast options.

I also need to get that soup recipe from you as well. Hopefully I'll remember next Thursday when I come up.

Anyway, Thanks for commenting. Keep reading.. you might like tonight's post! :)

Love Gazzy.