Monday 23 November 2009

Kick Start Program... Day 1



So my self devised and inflicted 'kick-start' program started today... I did make plans like I said I would! Day One: 30 minute walk before walk with Fran. Done. Don't Eat Crap. Done.

OK, so, day one was pretty relaxed I guess :P

But, I'm doing the 'kick-start' thing for 3 weeks, however because I only get my roster a week in advance, I've only been able to plan up until this Sunday. As soon as my next roster gets delivered to me, I will plan the next week... So, anyways, this is the plan for the rest of the week:

Tues: No work, so 30min walk on the treadmill and a walk around the park for a minimum of 30minutes.
Wed: 30min on the treadmill before work AND a minimum of 20 more minutes after work.
Thurs: 30min on the treadmill before work.
Fri: 45min on the treadmill before work.
Sat: No work again, so 45minutes on the treadmill AND a minimum of 30 minutes of one of the Biggest Loser DVDs.
Sun: 30min on the treadmill before work.

And that's all I've got until the next roster comes out.

That's exercise, no let's talk food...

As my regular readers, family and friends would be aware, my partner David is a bit of chocolate, junk food, take away junkie. Well, we've had a discussion... and wait for it (Kerry, are you reading?) He has agreed to not have ANY JUNK FOOD in the house for the 3 weeks I'm doing my kick-start program. This is fantastic for me, for more than one reason! It means I don't have to try to resist the temptation to eat junk food that's sitting in the cupboard, cos there wont be any in the cupboard. It's excellent!!! The only exception he made was Coke. Which I'm not even concerned about, because I don't want to drink that crap! I'm not even slightly tempted!
So, very happy with that massive show of support from him!

As far as food today... I'm sure you can see the pics above... MiniWheats, Coffee before work (after the walk), sandwich and coffee, and homemade hamburger for dinner (we're easing into this thing!) LOL

Basically, the plan is to keep things pretty basic. Eat good food, Never Skip a Meal, Exercise more.. try to have some fruit or other healthy snack in the mornings and/or afternoon and most important (but, not that hard to do anymore) Drink Lots of Water!!

So that's today and that's the plan. Suggestions? Comments? Reward and Punishment ideas??
I hope you guys keep me honest and make me report everything I do and don't do..

Christmas is so close... Oh God!!
Gazzy

2 comments:

Ryan O said...

Good luck with everything over the next few weeks. I hope you are successful. I was just doing a post myself about weight and dieting and then came accross yours, so thought I would wish you luck.

Ryan

Gazzy said...

Thanks for the well-wishes Ryan O. Appreciate you taking the time to read and to comment! I'm heading over to your blog now to check it out! :P

Gazzy